Monday, 8 June 2009

Huge disappointment

Okay, so I know I said I would do a review on the Body Shop starter kit for combination skin, but honestly I can't last a month, I didn't even last a week!



I really wanted to like this product, but I just couldn't. This may just be because of my skin, which up until now I thought was combination but now I have no clue. I really need your help to ID my skin type.
My T-zone is oily but also dry (!). My forehead especially, and sometimes my nose, gets dry and flaky, but this might be due to the fact that I don't drink enough liquids (I am trying to fix that right now). My cheeks are normal/dry but oily around the nose. I get blemishes on my chin mostly but I have blackheads on my nose (that won't go away! I've tried steaming, nose strips, you name it), but after all I am in my teens so blemishes are expected.

So my skin type options are:
a) oily and the dryness is due to lack of liquids
b) dry and oiliness and blemishes are due to being in my teens.

What do you think?

Anyway back to the review.

I will say that these products are probably good for people who actually have combination skin (which I'm guessing I don't) and I really like the smell. It smells of cucumber and reminds me of a spa. :)
I think it was the cleanser that didn't work for me, my forehead was really dry after using it, and super flaky, ugh, horrible.
The toner didn't do much in my opinion (do they ever?) but felt a bit too...soapy, somehow. I can't explain it.
The two moisturisers were nice but didn't help with the suddenly super-dry forehead (I had to use really heavy moisturiser on that).

Overall, I think this is a good product, all other reviews I have seen have been good, but it just didn't work for my weird, warped skin. Sadly. :(

However, on the upside I can now empty the containers and use them as small shampoo holders for when I go on holiday, and I have a new make-up bag!

If anyone has any idea what skin type I am, please tell me so in the comments and I might try out more things (maybe from the Body Shop), but for now it's back to Shiseido for me!

xoxo

No comments: