Wednesday, 3 June 2009

New skincare routine

Wow, three posts in one day!

My skincare routine up till now has consisted of three Shiseido products, all from the Pureness line. They are: deep cleansing foam, balancing softener and moisturising gel-cream.
I've been using the moisturiser for about a year and a half but started using the other products in January.
I'm not sure if it's because of my skintype (combination) but I didn't really see an effect and for some reason the skin around my eyes got red, scaly, dry and flaky (not nice at all!) and I figured out that this was from the cleansing foam. I was using the cleansing foam every day, and it did occur to me that maybe I shouldn't, but it doesn't actually say so on the tube. So I don't actually dislike these products, but I want to try something new and see if it changes anything.

I have combination skin. It's oily in the T-zone but dry on cheeks, and can sometimes be dry around the nose as well (and oily at the same time, weird right?). I decided to give the Body Shop skincare a try and bought a starter kit today (see haul post below). I got the Seaweed one as that is for combination skin.
This contains:
Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash 60 ml.
Seaweed Clarifying Toner 60 ml.
Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream 15 ml.
Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment 15 ml

So I thought that I would try these out, give them a month or so (or until I finish them) and then post back to tell you what I thought of them.
Here is the link to this kit: Seaweed Skincare Kit

No comments: