Monday, 27 July 2009

I always get sidetracked...

I was supposed to be tidying up my bedroom today but, as often happens with me, I wound up doing something completely different.

After watching Elle's (Allthatglitters21) video on how to paint the tips of your brushes, I decided to give it a go. I chose OPI's Done out in deco (love) and here are my results:


I snapped a picture while they were drying


I own a very pathetic brush collection. All I have are the Body Shop's face brush and then 4 small brushes from the travel kit (but I've lost the lip liner) and then the MAC 217. So I cannot wait to order the Sigma brush set next week!

While I was ransacking my wardrobe I found a top and a pair of sandals I haven't worn in ages. The top is from Topshop (the Kate Moss line) and the reason I haven't worn it much is because I didn't really like the neckline or the shoulder bits. I do, however, love the design on the front so I decided to see if I couldn't do something about it. So after hacking away with my scissors for about 15 minutes, I wound up with this.
Before:

After:


And as for the sandals. About three years ago I had my heart set on owning a pair of silver sandals. I think I wore them twice, and then stuck them in my wardrobe. Today I decided that I would rather own a pair of gold sandals and painted them with some gold paint I had lying around. I'm rather pleased with the results:

Before:


After:


So all in all I had a rather productive day...although my bedroom still needs tidying!
Quoting Scarlett O'Hara: 'I won't think about that today. I'll think about it tomorrow'.

xoxo

2 comments:

The Makeup Snob.com said...

some amazing transformations!! I love the brush idea!!

Sara www.themakeupsnob.com

thedicegirl said...

You were brave cutting up a Moss collection top!!! I tried to transform a band tee once, it didnt work out so i dare'nt experiment with the scissors again!