Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Mizz Worthy's Heroes & Villains contest entry!



This is my entry for Mizz Worthy's Heroes & Villains contest.

I chose Mystique as my villain, because, having seen all the X-Men films, I have always thought she's pretty cool. She is a shapeshifter, meaning that she can take on the form of any person, and she is also very agile. Her skin is blue (in the film it's covered with symbols, but I'm not sure about the comics), her hair is fiery red hair and her eyes are yellow.
I drew my inspiration from her skin and eyes, I didn't use red at all simply because I have no red lipstick! Sad I know. After applying my face makeup as usual, I used blue eyeshadow and created a simple smokey eye and then removed the eyeshadow on my lid, close to my lashes (using a Q-tip soaked in eye makeup remover) and then applied yellow eyeshadow around the eye to mimic her eyes. I mixed both the blue and the yellow eyeshadow with a bit of water to make the colours more dramatic, but sadly it did not show very well on camera. Finally to make the whole look a bit more dramatic I used blue eyeshadow and a Q-tip to create some designs around my eyes. I created the arrows to symbolise her ability to change her form and the circles to fill in the space. (NOTE: My left side looks a lot better than my right one, please look more closely at the left :)) As a final touch, and because of my lack of red lipstick, I applied some lipbalm and then dabbed blue eyeshadow onto my lips.
All that was needed now was a camera and a fierce expression!
So here is my take on Mystique!






Products used:
FACE:
GOSH Touch up concealer no5
GOSH cover corrector stick no1
L'oreal true match foundation in C1 Rose Ivory
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium
The Body Shop bronzing powder
The Body Shop cheek bloom in 02 dune pink

EYES:
MAC e/s in Print
GOSH e/s Ocean Drive Quad (blue used)
GOSH e/s nr 283 (yellow)
GOSH Eye liner pen in black
GOSH Let's Twist eye liner in carbon black

I had a lot of fun creating this look. It's nice to come out of your shell once in a while and do something different and more daring!

It wasn't until I had taken the pictures and removed all of my makeup that I realise that I had totally forgotten to apply mascara! Hope you will forgive me, but since my lashes are pretty long and dark, I think I get away with it. Just to give you an idea of what my lashes would have looked like with mascara, here's a picture of my first attempt for the contest (which I didn't use because I didn't feel it was dark enough and I didn't have enough time to play with the symbols) The mascara (not) used is Maybelline Colossal Volum'Express



Thank you for reading this post! And thank you Mizz Worthy and Illamasqua for hosting this amazing contest!

xoxo

2 comments:

mizzworthy said...

Thanks so much for the fab entry! xxx

faith120604 said...

She's such a cool character. You do look fierce! I like how you incorporated her eye color into the look, since I think the yellow eyes really makes her look complete. Great job!!