Friday, 4 September 2009

Rave of the Night

Hey guys! Just wanted to do a quick post showing you how I wore my makeup last night. I went to a rave party, but decided not to risk going too rave and looking silly, so I opted on a yellow & black smokey eye. I was pleased with the finished result so I thought I'd share it with you.

I have finally found a good angle for eye pictures! yay!

I'm still getting the hang of taking pictures of the eyes closed, any tips?




I didn't use anything new, but I'll list it anyway.

FACE:
GOSH Touch up concealer no5
GOSH cover corrector stick no1
L'oreal true match foundation in C1 Rose Ivory
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation in Nude
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium
The Body Shop bronzing powder
The Body Shop cheek bloom in 02 dune pink
MAC Shroom e/s used to highlight

EYES:
GOSH Eyeshadow Base
GOSH e/s nr 283 (yellow)
MAC e/s in Print
MAC Shroom e/s
GOSH Eye liner pen in black
GOSH Let's Twist eye liner in carbon black
Maybelline Colossal Volum'Express Mascara

And now onto the rave:
I recently bought the e/s base from GOSH and decided last night to really put it to the test. I applied my makeup at about 7PM and then went to a pre-party and then to the rave, which was v. hot and sticky. When I got home at about 1AM and looked at my eye makeup the eyeshadows had NOT MOVED. Seriously, all my other makeup had melted away, but my eyes looked like I'd just done them. I am so happy and this has definitely lessened my longing for Urban Decay Primer Potion (though I do still want it!). Mind, I did use a GOSH e/s on top so maybe it works best with those, I'll try it with MAC e/ss soon.

Hope you'll all have a lovely weekend!

xoxo

3 comments:

tackyblueeyeshadow said...

Looks lovely! The Gosh eyeshadow base sounds great! :) x

faith120604 said...

Sorry I'm just now coming out of hiatus--but glad to see your post! I wouldn't have thought this of yellow- but it really brings out the lovely chocolate brown color of your eyes. Beautiful! Unfortunately, I'm still learning camera tricks myself (am a novice) but will share if I find good tips! :)

Lucy said...

Pretty eye makeup. I don't have a blog or take pictures or myself so I can't help you.