Monday, 5 October 2009

Slight makeup/fashion crisis!

I'm going to a ball/dance thing on Thursday and I've already decided what I'm going to wear (that's a start at least!) but when I was thinking about what sort of makeup I should wear with it especially on the eyes, my mind drew a complete blank. Now my friends aren't really that into makeup, they wear it but they don't really talk about it. And then it suddenly dawned on me that I could ask you guys 'cause you all love makeup!
So I'm posting a couple of pictures of the dress I'll be wearing and I would love if you could give me any tips on what to do makeup-wise, focusing on the eyes.




Just in case you can't see the colours properly they're green, red, blue and a bit of yellow and white.

Here is a picture of all my eyeshadows, just so you have an idea on what I have to work with, though I might be persuaded to buy others if I need to and it's not too expensive, i.e. not Mac. :)

Starting from the top L-R:
GOSH driftwood quad, aloha quad, tropical beach quad, glamour pigment, ocean drive trio and yellow eyeshadow
Artdeco eyeshadow duo, zara duo (no idea why I have this!), Prestige quad, the Body Shop pink, weird pink/peach something, brown and Clinique blue lagoon.
And finally Mac Print, Sable, Shroom, All that glitters, Sushi flower and Fig 1.

Any suggestions much appreciated, but here are some of my own thoughts:
Black smokey eye
Neutral eye with heavy eyeliner
Simple, neutral eye with red lipstick

If you have any other ideas, suggestions or tips I would be very grateful!
I forgot to take a picture, but I also have black eyeliner, liquid and pencil, purple glittery pencil, dark blue liquid eyeliner, blue glitter liquid eyeliner and, of course mascara, along with all the face stuff. I will also be happy to have an excuse to buy a new lipstick if someone suggest a particular colour as I only have two (horror!)

Thanks so much
xoxo

P.S. My giveaway ends in 4 days, I have just over 80 entries (!) but sadly I don't think I'll be able to add more to the present as I still haven't got paid for some work I did in August (annoying much?) but if I get paid soon I'll add something. :)

2 comments:

faith120604 said...

Great idea! Most of my friends don't talk about it nearly as much as I do, either. I'm for your third option with a neutral eye with red lips. You could even do a brown smokey eye with red lips, depending on how dramatic you wanted to get. :) Let us know how it turns out--and have fun! :)

♥ mia said...

that is one cute dress! i love it!!! :)

i'd go with the neutral eye with heavy eyeliner :D