Monday, 3 May 2010

Lilac & Lavender inspired eyes

Hello all.

Last night I watched a tutorial by the lovely Natalya, a.k.a. Filthygorgeousmakeup (whose Cleopatra makeup tutorial was the first tutorial I ever watched!). She made a green and lilac eyeshadow look which is really lovely, and I knew it would go wonderfully with the outfit I was planning to wear the next day (today).

Sadly I did not have any of the makeup items she used, but that did not stop me! I feel that with many gurus out there, (Natalya especially) they make looks that can be achieved using any products you happen to own, providing that they are the right colour. So I had a look through my collection and found the products I needed.

Click here to see her look

Here's my version





Products used

Gosh eye shadow base
Gosh Quattro eye shadow, Q 47 Tropical beach (the light green on lid and a bit of the darker green in the crease)
Artdeco eye shadow, number 90 (wet, on lower lashline)
Gosh Let's twist eyeliner, Carbon black (upper lashline)
Gosh Velvet touch eyeliner, Hypnotic grey (a little on the lower lashline)
Maybelline Colossal mascara

I did nothing different on the rest of my face, so I won't bother posting that, or even a picture because my fringe is too long and needs a trim. :)

I really like this look, it's summery and pretty though if I do it again I'm going to apply the green shadow wet, as it would make it more vibrant.

Hope you're all having a good Monday, I had an oral Danish test today and have another Danish test tomorrow, then history on Friday. If you ever think that something interesting might have happened in Iceland during the 16th century, you're wrong. :)

xoxo

4 comments:

Kell said...

this is so simple and pretty :) i love it!

xo

Bridget said...

@ Kell Thank you :) xx

Sarah said...

Ooh this is so gorgeous! So soft and pretty with your eyes :)

Bridget said...

@ Sarah, aww thank you :) xx