Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Midnight Sun

Hello all.

I seem to be doing a lot more with my eyemakeup lately...probably because I'm cooped up in my room all day studying and all the pretty eyeshadows on my vanity are v. tempting. :) So, abandoning my history books I sat myself in front of my mirror and played around for a bit.

Admittedly this look is not completely original, as I had just watched Allthatglitters21's newest tutorial and I realised that I had two of the eyeshadows she used, and two others that were quite similar.

So she gets all credit for it, this is just my version. :)

Without further ado, here is my look.





I've named it Midnight Sun, because it's almost summer (Well, technically it already is in Iceland, but the weather does not seem to agree) and soon the sun will be staying up longer. :)

Products used
Gosh Eye shadow base
MAC All That Glitters (inner corner)
MAC Amber Lights (centre of lid and lower lashline)
MAC Falling Star (outer corner and lower lashline)
MAC Sable (blended into crease)
Gosh Let's twist eye liner in Carbon black
Maybelline Colossal mascara (I couldn't be bothered to reapply it so it's just left over from this morning)

I'm so glad to have found yet another way to wear Falling Star as I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to use it again, as it's too red to use all over the lid, or over large areas, but I think it goes rather well with this look.

Also, I've run out of liquid liner. Liquid liner is probably on of my all time favourite products and I can't live without it but I haven't been to any makeup selling places recently. :( I don't feel "ready" unless I have liquid liner on my upper lashline and my grey liner on the lower lashline. So I've been having to use a pencil liner instead...it's ok I guess but not the same.
I sound awfully vain, don't I? haha

Anyway, on to other things. I took my final exam in Danish, so now I never have to speak or learn Danish ever again! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the language or country (they are to thank for Gosh) but I really did not like studying it. I didn't do quite as well as I had hoped, but I did all right.

I also got a Twitter. No idea why I decided to do it now, I did have on a while ago but I deleted it as I never updated it and didn't really get the point. But now I have it. I added a thingy to the sidebar so you can see my latest updates and follow me (if you like :).

I have a cold. :( I'm not quite sure whether it's allergies (hay fever) or just a cold, but it was a day too late! I wanted to have a cold yesterday for my oral Danish test, as it would make my accent sound better. Oh well, clearly my body took a long time to respond.


I'm going to stop rambling now.

Hope you're all well. :) If you do your own version of this look, using other products (or even the same ones) please leave a link in the comments, I'd love to see it. :)

Oh! By the way I'm really looking forward to entering Mizz Worthy and Illamasqua's Elementals contest, I can't wait to get started on my look!

Ok, I'm done now. :)

xoxo

No comments: