Wednesday, 21 July 2010

England Trip

Hello all.

I'm finally posting what I picked up while I was in England at the beginning of July. I had a wonderful time, my mum and I went to Bath and saw all the touristy things there (we also took a trip to Stonehenge) and also wandered around Bath and got lost many times! Then we went to see my mum's sister who lives near Derby and spent a few days at her and her husband's house. We drove to a town called Pilsley near Chatsworth in Derbyshire and saw how they made the Well Dressings - I would never have the patience to do that!
We then headed off to London for a few days and went to Kew Gardens (where I had the best iced tea ever!) and tried to stay cool in the heat.
All in all I had a brilliant time and wished that I could have stayed forever!

I picked up a few beauty related things that I thought I would share with you.

First off, the body/hair stuff



24 Hour Naked - Coco de Mer
I completely forgot to take a body moisturiser with me on holiday so I had a desperate look through Boots one day and found this. It smells of passionfruit but not as strongly as TBS's passion fruit body butter (which was good but the smell was too strong in my opinion). It's really thick so it will last me a very long time and I am very happy with it.
I found this little tidbit on their website
Coco de Mer is a coconut found in the Seychelles with a rather suggestive shape and erotic reputation to match- Ooh La La!


Lush -The Comforter Bubble Bar
I was thrilled to go to Lush as we no longer have a store in Iceland and I have been missing it desperately. I decided to limit myself to one bath product and so I chose this one because a) it smells really nice and b) I knew I could use it many times if I just broke off pieces to but in my bath. So far I have used it once (I'm saving it as a special treat) and love it! Sadly I forgot to take a picture of it before I broke it into bits but I'm sure you all know what it looks like. :)
I almost got a soap but decided not to and I'm so glad I did as out hotel room in London was so hot that it would definitely have melted, like my chocolate orange did. :(

Boots Expert - Dry Shampoo
I've wanted to try Dry Shampoo for a while now but haven't found one in Iceland. I decided to get this one because it was cheap and I had heard that it didn't leave your hair grey. It works well but it went a bit funny on the flight, sometimes nothing comes out when I try to spray it. I wish I'd got another one of these, but I can always get my sister to send one over when she goes to study in Scotland in September, she'll be taking a long list with her!

Lush - Tea Tree Water
Natalya (filthygorgeousmakeup) mentioned this a while back, I don't remember if it was on her blog or in a video, but I new I wanted to get it. I wanted a toner that wasn't too harsh on my skin and wasn't drying. This one does neither and I really like it. I'm not sure if it has made a huge difference to my skin, but it gets of the remains of my cleanser and that's the main thing I wanted it to do. I'm not too keen on the smell though, I like the smell of tea tree, but this smells of something else as well (it's probably the grapefruit or the juniperberry) that I don't think goes well with the tea tree. But it doesn't bother me too much. :)

Bio Oil
I forgot to include this on the picture, but you can just google it if you want to see what it looks like, or click the link above. I got it because about a year ago I had a terrible experience with a hair removal cream that, to make a long story short, left my legs with horrible wounds all over my legs that have now turned into scars and discolourations. So I wanted to see whether using Bio-Oil would help it all fade so that I don't feel self-conscious when I show my legs in public! So far I think it's making a difference but it says to use it for three months so I'll try and remember to do a post on it then.


Now onto the makeup I got



Rimmel - 1-2-3 Looks Mascara
I didn't get this mascara for the gimicky 'three mascaras in one' thing, but because Selina mentioned it in this video and said that it was really good at separating the lashes. She was right, it does separate them beautifully but somehow it smudges onto my lower lashline (I don't apply it to my lower lashes) and it's difficult to remove the smudges. So I've been applying a coat of this mascara and then a very thin coat of Maybelline Colossal to keep it from smudging.

L'oreal Paris - Superliner Carbon Gloss
My liquid liner (from Gosh) had dried out so I needed a new one. To be honest I have no idea why I got this one and not the normal Superliner, and I regret it. Personally, a glossy look is not something I want from a liner because when the light hits you it can make it look as though you have gaps in your eyeliner and I think that looks a bit silly. So I've been having to set the liner with powder which is a boring extra step. However, it's my own fault for not thinking more about what I was buying.
I do like the applicator though, I think it's better than the Gosh one, I kept getting hairs from that one onto my lash line.

Sleek - Ink Pot Eyeliner Gel (Dominatrix)
I wanted to try a gel liner so I picked this one. I can't really say much about it yet because I don't have the right brush to apply it (I will be getting it tomorrow!) The brush it came with is too tiny for me to use and the angled brush from TBS I have isn't stiff enough. I confess, one of the main reasons I got this is because I had already bought the Sigma brush kit and knew that I would be getting a couple of liner brushes with that so I wanted something to use them with!

MAC Blush - Well Dressed
It's the blush everyone has heard of and nearly everyone owns. I'd swatched it many times at Mac stores but always found that it was too shimmery for my liking. So what made me buy it now you ask? I have no idea, I still think it's too shimmery and for a while I thought it wouldn't show up at all on my skin but realised that I was so used to applying Fleur Power (also from Mac) which requires a very light hand. I've stopped using it for a while, I'm waiting until I get my new brushes so that I can use separate brushes for the two blushes as Well Dressed leaves glitter on the brush that then gets transferred on my face when I use Fleur Power. So I'll give it a second chance tomorrow, otherwise I'm giving it to my sister as she likes shimmery blushes. I do like the colour though, I might get Coygirl or Pink Swoon sometime as those aren't as shimmery but are a similar shade.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Medium)
Not much to say about this one, I finished my old one a while ago and wanted to wait until I was in the UK before getting a new one because they are half the price over there. I still like it. :)

Carmex - Cherry Lip Balm
It's a cult favourite, I had to give it a try and I love it! It smells so good, I was applying it in the back seat of my friend's car and she asked me what it was. It moisturises very well, I prefer it to the Vaseline I was using previously and like it as much as my Blistex jar. A thumbs up from me. :)

...and last but certainly not least

Urban Decay - Primer Potion
I've been waiting to get my hands on this for soo long! Almost a year! Now I finally have it and I love it. The primer I was using previously (from Gosh) was white and shimmery, but this is invisible! It makes my shadow last a very long time, I noticed that twelve hours after applying my makeup the eyeshadow in my crease had gone, but there wasn't noticeable creasing, if that makes any sense?
I know that it will last me for a long time and then I look forward to cutting it up! :)



That's all I picked up, I had planned to buy a lot more (I had a very long list) but these were the things I wanted most. I was going to get Mac Harmony blush, but forgot! I need to get that someday.

Did you buy any interesting things on your summer holidays?

xoxo

5 comments:

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Just wanted to let you know I am having a contest for 6 M.A.C products.
http://funnyfacebeauty.blogspot.com

tackyblueeyeshadow said...

Fab goodies! I'm glad you had an amazing time in England :) x

Katastrophic said...

You got wonderful things on your trip =) I have tried Mac's well dressed and I have to agree with you that it is quite shimmery. It looks much better once you're a little tan though. It does not look so dramatic and gives a nice glow.

Bridget said...

@FunnyFaceBeauty: Thanks for letting me know :) x

@tackyblueeyeshadow: Thank you :) x

@Katastrophic: Thanks for the tip! My face is a bit darker than it was when I first tried the blush, I'll give it another go. :) x

faith120604 said...

I too am late on buying Well Dressed! I'm on to read your post on the Sigma brushes (can't wait!) and see how you're liking those. I'd love to hear how those two pair up in particular. Glad you had a great time! :)