Thursday, 19 August 2010

Back to School

Hello all.

I start school today! I'm feeling a bit excited, despite myself. I like to learn and I think that this year will be a lot easier than last year. Today I just need to go and get my timetable and meet my teachers and stuff, then lessons start tomorrow.
I decided to show you the makeup I'm wearing today as I used the two eyeshadows I mentioned in my last post. I exchanged the Vanilla eyeshadow for Yoghurt, which is the one I was going to get but the MA gave me the wrong one (see last post). I also decided to go for a bit of winged eyeliner. :) Other than that I didn't do anything different, except I used brushes for things I would normally just use my fingers, such as foundation and concealer. I think you use a lot more product when you use brushes and (I at least) run the risk of my makeup looking a bit cakey. So I don't think I'll use brushes for foundation and concealer on a regular basis, maybe for nights out though. :)


(excuse the strange expression, it was either this or a picture of me looking really really serious. I went for silly :)

* Gosh touch up concealer no. 2
*L'oreal true match foundation, rose ivory mixed with Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid ivory
* Maybelline mineral concealer no. 2
* Mac MSFN, medium
* The Body Shop bronzer, 01
* Mac Fleur Power blush



* Urban Decay Primer Potion
* MAC Yoghurt eyeshadow
* MAC Kid eyeshadow
* Sleek Ink Pot eyeliner gel, Dominatrix
* Maybelline Colossal mascara
* Gosh Let's Twist eyeliner, Carbon Black

So that's all I wore, now I have two questions for you!

The first is to all owners of UDPP: Do you find that the purple stuff off your bottle flakes? 'Cause mine does and gets stuck to my fingers and then transferred onto my eyelids and it impossible to get off so I have to be very careful when I open the bottle and not let my fingers touch it, this makes it very awkward. Here's a picture to show what I mean.

I was wondering whether clear nailpolish would do the trick. Do any of you have this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

The other question is in regards to lip exfoliating. I mix together sugar and olive oil to scrub my lips, but I really don't like the taste of the oil, it makes me gag if it gets in my mouth. So I was wondering if any of you use a different mixture? I was thinking about trying honey, but I have a feeling it would be too sticky. Any recommendations?

xoxo

2 comments:

Marie said...

I had the same issue with my primer potion, after a while or while debottleling it flakes everywhere!

Bridget said...

@Marie, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem them! I'm going to try and put a coat of clear polish on the bottle, maybe that will help. x