Thursday, 5 August 2010

Guess What I Did Today?

I went shopping!

I was in desperate need for a new pair of shoes as the Topshop ones I bought in January this year are literally falling apart, as in they have a hole in the sole. So I went to my nearest shopping centre after dinner tonight as it was open late.
I planned to have a look at the sales but didn't find anything. I did find a dress in Oasis that wasn't on sale though, and I got it because I'm always in need of new clothes. :)
On the website it's called a Military Dress, which is kind of appropriate. Click the link to see it as I can't take pictures of myself wearing it as they always turn out rubbish. I might try tomorrow and do an outfit of the day. :)

I found a pair of shoes that I love. They're grey, which is not the most practical colour I'll admit, especially since my handbag is a sort of brown-grey which means that I'll have to carry a different handbag (good reason to buy a new one I think!) and they sort of lace up to about the same height as converse shoes. Oh, who am I kidding trying to describe them, just look at the picture! :)


Sorry about the rubbish picture, it's dark outside so this is the best I could do for now. I'll take another one tomorrow and update this post. :)

I'm starting dance this autumn (Lindy Hop, Boogie Woogie and Swing) so I needed a pair of shoes with flexible soles and I picked up a pair of really cheap ones (see below). I figure if they're not good for dance then at least I won't have spent a lot of money on them. :)


After buying the shoes I rewarded myself by going to MAC. Last night I watched How to Steal a Million with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole (very good film) and I loved Audrey's makeup in it. She seemed to be wearing a matte light pink shade on her lids with a beige-y brown in the crease and winged eyeliner. I wanted to recreate the look this morning and I used a light pink eyeshadow from TBS and Soft Brown from MAC. It didn't really turn out how I wanted as the pink eyeshadow was too shimmery and the brown wasn't the right shade.



So I decided to go to MAC and look for colours similar to the ones I wanted. I picked up Kid (Veluxe) and was going to get Yoghurt (Matte), but the MA accidentally gave me Vanilla. I didn't notice till I got home, and for a moment I thought I wouldn't bother changing it since I've heard good things about Vanilla, but after looking at it more closely I think it's too shimmery to be worn the way I wanted to wear it. So I'll have to go back and change it, probably tomorrow or Saturday.
I also picked up a brush cleanser since I have so many new brushes to take care of. :)
Finally from MAC I got a 4 pan palette as I only had two before but I now have ten MAC eyeshadows!

A failed attempt to show the difference between Kid (L) and Soft Brown (R). I promise they're completely different!



Yesterday I picked up a couple of essentials, two concealers, a moisturiser and an exfoliator.
I got Gosh Touch Up concealer in no. 2 and Maybelline Pure.Cover Mineral concealer in no. 2. I've used both before and liked them. The Gosh one is more peachy toned so I use that under the eyes and the other one on blemishes.
The exfoliator I got is from TBS and is the Seaweed Pore-cleansing one. I tried it last night and thought it was ok, it hasn't made a major difference yet, but then again I didn't expect any miracles. :)
I was running dangerously low on my moisturiser (TBS Seaweed day cream - review coming soon!) and wanted to try a different one, so I decided to try out TBS Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion (SPF 15 (supposedly)). I haven't tried it yet as I didn't want to try out two new products at the same time in case one breaks me out, but I had a sniff and have to say I'm not too fond of the smell. I can't place it exactly but there's something about the smell I don't like, but I don't think it will stop me from using the product. I'll post a review (sometime in the not-so-near future) to let you guys know what I think of it.

So that's all for now, I'm going to try and post a review or two this weekend and maybe a look/outfit of the day. I think I'll be posting more frequently when school starts (only three weeks now, yikes!) because I won't want to do my school work. :)

Have you bought anything new recently?

xoxo

No comments: