Saturday, 25 December 2010

FotN: Christmas Eve

Why, hello there!
It's been a long time since you've seen one of my posts pop up on your Blogger Dashboard, now hasn't it?
Truth be told I haven't been writing anything this past few months. I can't explain why, it's not that I've been too busy, it's just that I haven't wanted to write anything. I don't just mean beauty related things, just anything. I like to write a bit of fiction in my spare time and I haven't written a single word in months. Recently though I have felt a slight urge to write something non-school related and I let that urge grow a little, until now. I thought that Christmas would be a perfect opportunity to pick up the pen again (or so to speak) and write something that (I hope) you might find interesting.
I thought I would include a couple of pictures of my hair and makeup (and perhaps a picture of my dress if my mother allows me to steal her pictures off her camera).
I apologise for the fact that these are all a little blurry, they looked like they were in focus on my camera screen, but obviously they were not. I really want a new camera, the one I have is a bit rubbish, but I can't afford a good one at the moment. I'll try using my laptop next time, maybe those pictures will turn out better.

I wore Mac's Girl About Town lipstick, which was a Christmas present from my grandparents (well they always give my mother money to buy presents since they live out in the country where there aren't many shops and this year she gave me the money so that I could chose something for myself. I also bought a skincare kit from Shiseido). I really like it, it's a magenta colour (the website describes it as a "fabulous fushia") and it's really bright, but not too scary. I've included a picture of the lipstick and a swatch below in case you're interested, although the colour doesn't show up true to life.











What I wore
* Gosh touch up concealer no. 2
*L'oreal true match foundation, rose ivory mixed with Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid ivory
* Maybelline mineral concealer no. 2
* L'oreal true match powder rose beige
* Mac eyeshadow Kid to contour
* Mac powder blush Well Dressed

* Urban Decay Primer Potion
* Mac eyeshadow Sable on the lids and a bit of Kid to blend
* L'oreal Super liner carbon gloss
* Gosh Let's twist eye liner Carbon black

* Mac lipstick Girl About Town

I think I need to buy a lip liner to use with the lipstick, to boost it's staying power. I think I'll take a trip to a pharmacy/drugstore and swatch it and find a lip liner to match. Let me know if you have any recommendations. :)


That's all for this post, I am going to write a couple of more posts now, but I won't post them till later, don't want to bombard you with posts just yet!

I hope you all have a lovely holiday, whatever it may be and spend some time with those closest to you.

1 comment:

hannahbabeyxo said...

your make up looks lovely! & your hair looks so nice! XO