Monday, 31 January 2011

Decisions, decisions

As I may have mentioned (more like shouted off rooftops) I'm going to London in a couple of weeks. I'll be staying with my sister, who's at Uni there, and we have a couple of things planned. 
Over the past few weeks I've been reading countless reviews on the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish cleanser, and I've decided that I want to try it, as so many people have said it's brilliant. 
Enter my dilemma. 
I can't decide which size to get! Here are my options:




a) Only get the Cleanse & Polish starter kit (£13.25), which contains a 100ml pump and 2 muslin cloths. This seems to be what most people start off trying.




b) Get the Healthy, Beautiful Skin kit (£28.10), which contains a 50ml pump of cleanser, 50ml bottle of toner, 50ml tube of moisturiser and 1 muslin cloth. This is a good way to test the products and see if they work for me, but I don't know what I'd do if I end up loving them. I don't live in the UK and don't want to have the products shipped to me, as the toll will probably end up charging me an outrageous amount.




c) Get the New autumn & winter offer (£41.00), which contains a 100ml pump of cleanser, 2 muslin cloths, 200ml of toner, 50ml of moisturiser and a choice of three eye treatments. This lot is only £12.90 more than b) and you're getting a lot more product. It's also around the same price I paid for a skincare set from Shiseido, which contained 75ml of cleanser, 100ml of toner and 30ml of moisturiser. So, compared to that it's a good deal, and if I don't like the products I can always just give them to someone.


So...I'm leaning towards getting the autumn & winter offer, and maybe some extra muslin cloths. Then, if I run out of anything I could get my sister to bring them when she comes back from Uni in the autumn.
All right, this was pretty much a pointless post, I just needed to write it to make all the options clearer to myself (it's such a life-changing decision! :), but if you have anything to add, or experience from using the products, please share!
I think I've raised my expectations a little too much when it comes to this cleanser, I'm expecting it to give me perfect skin! Which is bad, must read some horrible posts about people's bad reactions to the products or something! 


x


P.S. I'm LOVING the new posting format Blogger has, unless it's not new and it's just taken me this long to find it. Before the pictures would all load at the top of the post, and in the wrong order and I couldn't change the font size without Googling the html code, and it was just a hassle. But now it's easy-peasy. :) Well done Blogger!

3 comments:

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

I would go with the beautiful skin kit. I have all of those products and love them. I think they work perfectly in combination with each other.

faith120604 said...

You seem to have made your decision. :) I think getting the larger kit would be best too. You'd have to pay the extra cost in toll anyway if you ended up liking them and needed refills before your sister comes home again. Plus, I'm sure someone you know could use it if you didn't like the products. Have fun on your London adventure! :)

Bridget said...

Thanks for your suggestions, I ended up ordering the larger kit and two extra muslin cloths. :) Can't wait to try everything!