Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

I just painted my nails with OPI's 'Done Out in Deco'. It's one of my most favourite shades ever, but I thought it looked a little weird at first, I've mostly be wearing dark shades on my nails and the light purple looked a little strange at first. I decided to try the newspaper nail look I saw on Hannah's blog. After a rather surprised response from my mother whether we had any vodka, I grabbed a newspaper and had at it. It turns out we didn't have any vodka, but I used gin instead, it worked fine. :)
So anyway, I thought I'd show you how it turned out.



I messed up the right thumb a little bit, but otherwise I quite like it. The pictures are a little washed out though. I love the Snoopy nail, if I ever do this again I might just use bits of comics, I think it could be rather smart. :)

Have you ever tried this? It's really simple, just dip your finger in alcohol (something like vodka or gin), press on a piece of a newspaper for about 20 seconds, peel it off and presto! 

4 comments:

hannahbabeyxo said...

Thanks for the mention!! They look amazing, glad you tryed it! XO

Jean said...

These look fantastic I have been wanting to try it too you did a really good job. The snoopy nail is brilliant haha xx

Bridget said...

@Hannah: Thanks, it was fun!
@Jean: You should give it a go, it's super easy!

Malika said...

This looks cool! (: