Thursday, 2 June 2011

Operation Hydration: update

Yesyes, I only started yesterday, but I still wanted to write an update.
I forgot to mention yesterday another symptom of my dehydration: dry lips. My lips are always dry, they have been for years and years. I apply lipbalm a few times over the day (my lipbalm of choice is the cherry carmex in a little pot) but this doesn't make much difference if I haven't been drinking enough water.
So far I've just finished my third glass of water today, and I had half a glass of yummy homemade apple and orange juice earlier as well.
I think I'm going to aim to drink four glasses of water throughout the day and then whatever I drink with my meals.
I haven't noticed any difference yet (and I didn't expect to), but I have noticed that I'm a lot thirstier than I have been these past few weeks. It's like when you don't eat anything for a long time and you sort of forget to feel hungry and then when you finally do eat something the hunger kicks in.


5777578787_0bb326ac4f_z_large
taken from weheartit




Coincidentally the Liz Earle newsletter appeared in my inbox today and in the 'Letter from Liz' she talks about the importance of staying hydrated! I found that quite amusing and actually enjoyed reading it as it talks about how much water is recommended we drink a day (1.5 litres) and the (misinformed) stories that went around on the internet saying that it was bad to reuse plastic water bottles because they had cancer-causing chemicals in them. Go read it, it's interesting. :)

No comments: