Thursday, 16 June 2011

The Poor Man's Clarisonic?

I might have done a teensy bit of shopping today. I bought a couple of clothing items (post coming after this one, as soon as I find the tripod) and a couple of things from the Body Shop.





My friend, whom I was with, spotted the facial brush and showed it to me, and I immediately thought that it was like the Clarisonic, only obviously not electronic. Since it wasn't too expensive we both picked one up and I hope it'll work similarly to the Clarisonic, which I don't think I can get over here and even if I could, it's dead expensive. I paid around £3.00 for the brush, which isn't too bad. I'll use it for a few weeks and then tell you what I think about it. It also comes with a lid, so the bristles shouldn't get too bent.




Last night I decided that I wanted to get a face mask. I was thinking about ordering the Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask or whatever it's called, but to be honest it's a bit expensive, so I might just get a sample size of it to test for fun. Instead I decided to go for the Body Shop's Tea Tree face mask as my skin has been very blemishy and awful these past few months (I have an appointment at the dermatologist's in August). On a side note, I tried putting toothpaste on some of my blemishes last night and was surprised to see that it sort of worked! I used on the spots that hadn't formed a head yet and found that they'd lessened slightly. I don't think I'll be doing it often though. Anyway, I'm going to use the face mask tonight and might to a small post on my first thoughts tomorrow. I've had this one before and I remember liking it, although it was a few years ago and I think the thing I liked was that it was like a proper green face mask!


I'll go look for the tripod now and then take a couple of pictures wearing the clothes I bought and post later tonight or tomorrow. :)


Hope you're all having a good week, it's Iceland's independence day tomorrow and I'm working (actually v. happy since I get overtime/holiday pay for it!).


xx

4 comments:

♥ 珊珊 Kawaii Kuromi ♥ said...

i love the small face brush has done wonders for me :) cleared my skin very much :D

Bridget said...

@Kawaii: Yay! That's good to hear, I hope it helps with my skin too! :) xx

faith120604 said...

I have considered buying one of these--I'd love to hear how it works out for you!

Bridget said...

@faith: I'll be sure to remember to post a review or update :)