Friday, 9 December 2011

A wintery post

I thought I'd share with you some pictures I took lately. 

It's a tradition at my school that during the last week before the finals every class (that wants to) decorates their classroom and then the classrooms are judged and one class wins. My class won two years ago because we went all out. We hung baubles from the ceiling, had christmas lights everywhere and we even put up a fake snowhouse and included two stuffed polarbears and glass coca cola bottles (inspired by christmas decorations that our local shopping centres has every year. Their's move though).

Anyway, this year we didn't go as crazy, but we did decorate quite a bit. A couple of girls and I took it upon ourselves to thread popcorn and cranberries onto a piece of wire (I'd seen in on Gilmore Girls once and though it looked cute). It took aaages let me tell you, but turned out rather well I thought. 

So I thought I'd just share a few of the pictures I took of our decorations with you and I'm also including a few pictures I took after school the same day. I bought a cup of peppermint hot chocolate and took a couple of pictures of the mostly frozen lake in my city. It always has hot water running into it on one side so it's never completely frozen, otherwise I'd feel sorry for the poor birds.











That's all for now! Hope your exams are going well if you have them, I finish on Monday. :)
Speaking of exams though, I'm so annoyed. I was on my way to take an exam this morning and it was pitch black outside, but the moon was huge and full and the light from it was shimmering on the sea. It just cried out to have a photo taken, but sadly I couldn't turn around and go get my camera. :P

No comments: